ACMPE - The American College of Medical Practice Executives
Established in 1956, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) is the standard-setting and certification body of the Medical Group Management Association. ACMPE offers board certification and Fellowship in medical practice management. ACMPE’s mission is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent. Their vision is to be the recognized leader in defining and supporting the profession of medical group management. Some benefits of board certification:
- Demonstrates your broad knowledge of medical practice management
- Enhances your professional status by earning a nationally recognized professional designation
- Provides a distinct advantage over other candidates when seeking employment and promotions
- Assists you in demanding more salary, on average, than noncertified professionals
- Expands your network of medical practice executives who have chosen to excel in the profession
The board certification exam assess your:
- Knowledge and understanding of the broad scope of medical practice management principles and issues
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Oral communication skills
ACMPE board certified professionals enjoy:
- Professional respect from physicians, peers and colleagues
- Increased earning and career potential
- Leading many of the nation's best-performing medical practices
Fellows are members of ACMPE who have chosen to advance beyond board certification and Fellowship (FACMPE) is the highest level of distinction in the medical management field.
- All Florida MGMA state conferences and webinars meet the requirements for continuing education credit hours from ACMPE. These CE hours are good towards certification requirements.
2020 is the year to become certified and there are two big enhancements to the ACMPE certification program (1) A free on?line preparation course and (2) on?demand testing beginning in June.
FREE ACMPE Board Certification Preparation
This on?line course will be offered quarterly in 2020:
- Jan. 22 – March 18, 2020
- April 8 – June 3, 2020
- July 8 – Sept. 2, 2020
Q1 – Course Information:
Registration includes two webinars, held on Jan. 22 and March 18, 2020; six self?study session modules; and one exam that allows you to claim continuing education credit. You must attend all sessions to claim ACMPE and CEU credit.
The ACMPE Board Certification Preparation Course is designed to help healthcare professionals prepare for the ACMPE exam. This comprehensive course helps examinees identify content necessary to meet board certification standards, including financial management, regulatory compliance, organizational governance and departmental operations management. To best prepare applicants for the examinations, topics are reviewed from the perspective of a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals and ambulatory care settings.
Session 1: Board Certification Preparation Overview webinar held Jan. 22, 2020, at 1:00?1:30 pm ET (12:00 pm CT, 11:00 am MT, 10:00 am PT)
Sessions 2 through 7 are self?study modules:
Session 2: Operations Management Review
Session 3: Financial Management Review
Session 4: Human Resources Management Review
Session 5: Risk and Compliance Review
Session 6: Organizational Governance Review
Session 7: Patient?Centered Care Review
Session 8: Board Certification Preparation: Live Question?and?Answer Session held March 18, 2020, at 1:00 – 1:30 pm ET (12:00 pm CT, 11:00 am MT, 10:00 am PT)
For more details please see the detailed agenda at the MGMA website:
ACMPE EXAM REGISTRATION — ON?DEMAND REGISTRATION OPENS MARCH 2020
ACMPE exam registration is going on?demand.
Beginning in March, ACMPE program participants can register and sit for their exams with as little as two days’ notice any time of the year.
To become board certified, members must pass the multiple choice and scenario?based exam requirement. You must register for each exam individually.
Before registering for an exam, you must:
- Be an MGMA member
- Have been accepted into the ACMPE board certification program
- Completed the education and experience requirements*
* Those who have not yet completed their education and experience requirements may not register for the scenario?based exam.
For questions about ACMPE, support by Florida MGMA and how to get started on the path to certification contact:
Director, Hospital and Outpatient Services
Miami Jewish Health Systems
5200 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33137